It is scary to reach out to a lawyer. When you call you are:
- Dealing with a sticky situation (very few of you reach out when you are not in a jam)
- Worried that it’s going to cost you an arm and a leg
- Afraid that you are going to be dealing with some old guy who doesn’t understand what it takes to run a creative business
But working with a lawyer doesn’t have to be scary.
What if you could work with a lawyer who:
- Understands what it takes to run a successful creative business
- Sets a flat-fee for the project and sticks to it
- Talks to you in normal English, not a bunch of legalese
- Wants to collaborate with you to build a strong foundation for your creative business
- Will stand in your corner and make sure you are protected
A lawyer can be a valuable part of your creative business team. If you find someone who understands your business, has your back, and works with you to help your business succeed.
Dealing with the left-brain legal aspects of running a business has never been any fun for this right-brain, creative gal. I had gone through countless attorneys over the past several years and I’d always dreaded my interactions with them. That is until I finally connected with Kiffanie thank goodness! Working with Kiffanie has been a treat and such a relief!
She’s professional, personable, and super-smart but still very approachable and down-to-earth (which is a rare combo in her line of work). She translates all the legal mumbo jumbo into plain English and she is patient with all of my questions. My mind is at ease now, knowing I can count on Kiffanie for my legal matters.
Jennifer Lee, bestselling author of The Right-Brain Business Plan
What’s a discovery session?
- An approximately 60-minute phone call, using UberConference
- A time for you to teach me about your creative business and current struggles
- A time for you to learn about me and if I might be a good fit to have your back
- A time for you to pick my brain and ask me your list of questions
- At the end of the session, we’ll both leave with action items and know our next steps
Note: Lawyers are regulated state by state. So if you aren’t a California resident, the other party isn’t a California resident, or your contract isn’t governed by California law then a Discovery Session is not right for you. If that’s the case, a good place to start your search for an attorney is your state’s Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts organization.
Find out what it’s like to work with a lawyer who has your back and is looking to collaborate with you to grow your business.
Why work with me?
Hi! I’m Kiffanie, a lawyer, photographer, and fellow small business owner.
Since I was a little girl, I’ve loved to solve tricky problems. I’m the one that sits in the corner, absorbs everyone’s thoughts, and the comes up with a solution that blends them all together. While some people would call my solutions intuitive, they are really based on listening to needs and creating a solution that meets them.
I’m also the kid that taught summer school to my siblings and whomever I could recruit from the neighborhood. So I’ve had years of practice at taking tough concepts and breaking them down into easy to understand chunks.
My firm focuses on serving creative business owners. I’ve got clients who are service providers, makers, artists, writers, and infopreneurs. My favorite projects involve some mix of copyright, trademark, contracts, and small business law. So I might be your gal if you are looking to file a trademark, review or write a contract, or need help setting up your business.
Kiffanie was so helpful. She immediately put my mind at ease and took care of everything. With just a few simple questions, she was able to draft the appropriate documents, and I had everything in order to move forward. Kiffanie made it all so easy!
Lisa Anderson Shaffer, Zelma Rose
Ready to get started?
If you have any questions or run into any problems please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While I’m sure it goes without saying, here’s a couple of caveats:
- Scheduling a discovery session doesn’t automatically make me your lawyer. That’s a decision we’ll both have to make at the end (or after) the Discovery Session.
- The nice things said about me above isn’t a promise, guarantee, warranty, or prediction about the outcome of your legal matter (this one the State Bar requires me to tell you).
- Do not share confidential information with me either through the contact form or when booking a Discovery Session.